Friday 19 August 2016

Inspirational Movie - The BFG

Salam and good morning guys. I overslept today. Probably because I slept quite late last night.

I went for a night movie session with my friends. We decided to watch The BFG because my friend said it was directed by Steven Spielberg and it is going to be a good movie. It is based on the novel by Roald Dahl, and is about a 10 year old orphan named Sophie and her adventure with the "Big Friendly Giant" - BFG.

===Warning! Spoilers ahead. You have been warned!===

Actually she was kidnapped by the giant because she saw him walking around at night and he do not want her to tell anyone about it. She was taken to Giant Country where the other nine giants live. They are different from the friendly BFG. They are "man eating cannibals", a lot bigger, ruthless, and like to bully the smaller BFG and call him "Runt".

Sophie was mad because BFG did nothing to stop the bullying, and told him to be brave and stand up to them. I find this so inspirational. He is brave enough to tell them to stop bullying him and destroying his house, even though he is smaller and weaker than the other giants.

Another moment that inspired me was the moment when Sophie invited BFG to meet the Queen of England to help them get rid of the bad giants and stop them from kidnapping and eating children. At first BFG was scared about his safety, but after being persuaded by Sophie, he started to think more positively and asked the Queen for assistance. In the end, the Queen agreed to help them and sent soldiers on helicopters to catch the bad giants.

They were sent to a desolate island where they cannot kidnap children anymore, and only able to plant and eat "snozzcumbers" In the end, Sophie was adopted by the queen's assistant, and BFG live happily in the Giant Country.

Snozzcumber. That is one HUGE cucumber.

We finished the movie at about 1 am. I was tired when we got home, but it was worth it. The movie had just opened in Malaysia yesterday, so I recommend people to watch it as it is a good movie with different moral stories in it. As for myself, I'm just going to look around if I can find some "frobscottle" drink and play some pranks on people. 



No comments:

Post a Comment